Version 1.0 • Updated on Nov 17, 2022
Welcome to Olby, owned and operated by Jungle Network, Inc. (“Olby”, “Jungle”, “we”, “our” or “us”), where we believe high quality companies deserve high quality talent. We staff and connect specialized professionals (“Talent”) who provide development, engineering and/or other professional services, using a model that allows our company partners to succeed building and developing their products teams.
Please be aware that these Terms include, among other things, a binding arbitration provision that requires you to submit to binding and final arbitration on an individual basis to resolve disputes, rather than jury trials or class actions. Please see Section 20 below.
This Services are offered and available to users who are 18 years of age or older. By using our Services, you represent and warrant that you are of legal age to form a binding contract with Olby.
2. Accessing the Services and Account Security
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Services, and any service or material we provide on the Services, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Services is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Services or the entire Services.
You are responsible for:
- Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Services.
If you choose, or are provided with, a username, password, or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to this Services or portions of it using your username, password, or other security information. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your username or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
3. Available Services
So long as you adhere to these Terms, Olby will make the Services available to you pursuant to this Agreement on an as-available basis. The Services may be unavailable as a result of planned or emergency downtime and any unavailability caused by circumstances beyond Olby reasonable control, including by way of example and without limitation, an act of God, act of government, flood, fire, earthquake, civil unrest, act of terror, strike or other labor problem, Internet service provider failure or delay or denial of service attack. Olby reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Service or any part thereof, temporarily or permanently, upon prior notice, in Olby’s sole and absolute discretion. You agree that Olby shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service. Olby reserves the right at any time in its sole discretion to block users, including without limitation users from certain IP addresses, from accessing the Service.
4. Engagement of Talent
The Services offer a one-stop shop to discover, connect with and engage high quality tech Talent. You hereby acknowledge and agree that, for Talent discovered via the Services, you shall engage with such Talent through the Services. Except as otherwise agreed, you further agree that if, within one 1 year of the termination of such engagement, you re-engage Talent as an employee, independent contractor or any other way of service relation, you shall re-engage Talent through the Services.
If it comes to Olby's attention that you have engaged Talent in breach of the terms of this Section 4, Olby may collect liquidated damages from you equal to Olby’s annual fee set forth between Olby and You in the eventual most recently formalized agreement between Olby and you or not less than twenty percent 20% of the total amount paid or to be paid to Talent for a 1-year period.. Olby further reserves the right to suspend your use of the Services for breach of this Section 4. The parties hereby acknowledge and agree that the liquidated damages under this section are not punitive in nature.
5. Intellectual Property Rights
The Services and its entire contents, features, and functionality (including but not limited to all information, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are owned by Olby, its licensors, or other providers of such material and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws.
Olby may use your name or your business' name, as applicable, for marketing or promotional purposes and you hereby grant to Olby a non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, revocable right to display your name, logo, trademark and other identifiers for this limited purpose.
7. Prohibited Uses
You may use the Services only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms. You agree not to (and shall not permit others to) use the Services.
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the US or other countries).
- Engaging into any transaction on the Services for the purpose of concealing economic activity, such as money laundering, concealing transfer proceeds related to criminal activity, or making payments to Talent for consideration other than the professional services described in any applicable Talent engagement agreement.
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, including any “junk mail”, “chain letter” or “spam” or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate Olby, an Olby employee, another user or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using e-mail addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing).
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Services, or which, as determined by us, may harm Olby or users of the Services or expose them to liability.
Additionally, you agree not to (and shall not permit others to):
- Use the Services in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party's use of the Services, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Services.
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Services for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Services.
- Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Services or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent.
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Services.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Services, the server on which the Services is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Services.
- Attack the Services via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Use the Services to send SPAM or store or transmit infringing, libelous, or otherwise unlawful, or tortious content, material, or data.
- Use the Services to post or send infringing, obscene, threatening, libelous, or otherwise unlawful material.
- Use the Services to access blocked services in violation of applicable laws.
- Remove or alter any trademark, logo, copyright or other proprietary notices, legends, symbols or labels in the Services.
- Permit direct or indirect access to or use of the Services in a way that circumvents a contractual usage limit.
- Sell, resell, license, sublicense, distribute, rent, lease the Services, or include the Services in a service bureau or outsourcing offering.
- Modify, display, republish or create derivative works based on the Services.
- Decompile, disassemble, decipher, reverse-engineer or reverse assemble any portion of the Services, or otherwise attempt to derive any source code or underlying ideas or algorithms of the software of any other part of the Services (except to the extent such restriction is expressly prohibited by applicable statutory law).
- Without the express prior written consent of Olby, conduct any benchmarking or comparative study or analysis involving the Services for any reason or purpose except, to the limited extent absolutely necessary, to determine the suitability of the Services to interoperate with your internal system.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Services
8. Interactions With Other Users / User Contributions
OLBY MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE CONDUCT OF USERS. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS. OLBY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CONDUCT SCREENINGS AT ANY TIME AND USING AVAILABLE PUBLIC RECORDS. OLBY MAY TERMINATE THE ACCOUNT OF ANY USER IF IT BELIEVES IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION THAT SUCH USER HAS OR MAY VIOLATE ANY OF THE TERMS AND/OR CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
OLBY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT OF ANY USER. IN NO EVENT SHALL OLBY, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES BE LIABLE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FOR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, AND/OR INCIDENTAL, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE CONDUCT OF YOU OR ANYONE ELSE IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THE SERVICES.
The Services may contain features that allow users to post, submit, publish, display or transmit to Talent or other persons (hereinafter, “post”) job descriptions, company descriptions and other such content or materials (collectively, “User Contributions”) on or through the Services.
Any User Contribution you post to the site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. By providing any User Contribution on the Services, you grant us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors and assigns the limited right to use, reproduce, modify, perform, display, distribute any such material.
You represent and warrant that:
- You own or control all rights in and to the User Contributions and have the right to grant the license granted above to us and our affiliates and service providers, and each of their and our respective licensees, successors and assigns.
- You understand and acknowledge that you are responsible for any User Contributions you submit or contribute, and you, not Olby, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability, accuracy and appropriateness.
- We are not responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any User Contributions posted by you or any other user of the Services.
9. Talent Services
OLBY MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE CONDUCT OR SERVICES OF TALENT. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT TALENT USE OLBY SERVICES WITH FULL AUTONOMY. OLBY DOES NOT GUARANTEE AND IS NOT AND SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SERVICES PROVIDED BY TALENT TO YOU. IN NO EVENT SHALL OLBY, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES BE LIABLE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FOR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, AND/OR INCIDENTAL, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE CONDUCT AND SERVICES OF TALENT.
10. Monitoring and Enforcement; Termination
We have the right to:
- Remove or refuse to post any User Contributions for any or no reason in our sole discretion.
- Disclose your identity or other information about you to any third party who claims that material posted by you violates their rights, including their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
- Take appropriate legal action, including without limitation, referral to law enforcement, for any illegal or unauthorized use of the Services.
Without limiting the foregoing, we have the right to fully cooperate with any law enforcement authorities or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or other information of anyone posting any materials on or through the Services. YOU WAIVE AND HOLD HARMLESS OLBY AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSEES, AND SERVICE PROVIDERS FROM ANY CLAIMS RESULTING FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN BY ANY OF THE FOREGOING PARTIES DURING OR AS A RESULT OF ITS INVESTIGATIONS AND FROM ANY ACTIONS TAKEN AS A CONSEQUENCE OF INVESTIGATIONS BY EITHER SUCH PARTIES OR LAW ENFORCEMENT AUTHORITIES.
However, we do not undertake to review material before it is posted on the Services, and cannot ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, we assume no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications, or content provided by any user. We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or nonperformance of the activities described in this section.
11. Content Standards
These content standards apply to any and all User Contributions. User Contributions must in their entirety comply with all applicable federal, state, local and international laws and regulations. Without limiting the foregoing, User Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory, obscene, indecent, abusive, offensive, harassing, violent, hateful, inflammatory, or otherwise objectionable.
- Promote sexually explicit material, violence, or discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
- Infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other intellectual property, or other rights of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Promote any illegal activity, or advocate, promote, or assist any unlawful act.
- Cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organization.
- Involve commercial activities or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes, and other sales promotions, barter or advertising.
- Give the impression that they emanate from or are endorsed by us or any other person or entity, if this is not the case.
12. Reliance on Information Posted
The information presented on or through the Services is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to the Services, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
13. Information About You and Your Visits to the Services
14. Links from the Services
If the Services contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your convenience only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this Services, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such websites.
15. Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the internet or the Services will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our Services for any reconstruction of any lost data. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIALOFSERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES, OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON IT, OR ON ANY WEBSITE LINKED TO IT.
YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. NEITHER OLBY NOR ANY PERSON ASSOCIATED WITH OLBY MAKES ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION WITH RESPECT TO THE COMPLETENESS, SECURITY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY, ACCURACY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SERVICES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, NEITHER OLBY NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH OLBY REPRESENTS OR WARRANTS THAT THE SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERRORFREE OR UNINTERRUPTED, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, THAT OUR SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR THAT THE WEBSITE OR ANY SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
OLBY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT AND FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
IF YOU ARE A RESIDENT OF A JURISDICTION THAT REQUIRES A SPECIFIC STATEMENT REGARDING RELEASE, THEN THE FOLLOWING APPLIES. FOR EXAMPLE, CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS MUST, AS A CONDITION OF THIS AGREEMENT, WAIVE THE APPLICABILITY OF CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542, WHICH STATES, "A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS THAT THE CREDITOR OR RELEASING PARTY DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE AND THAT, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER, WOULD HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR OR RELEASED PARTY”. YOU HEREBY WAIVE, AS APPLICABLE, THIS SECTION OF THE CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE AND ANY SIMILAR PROVISION IN LAW, REGULATION, OR CODE THAT HAS THE SAME INTENT OR EFFECT.
16. Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL OLBY, ITS AFFILIATES, OR THEIR LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OFFICERS OR DIRECTORS BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SERVICES OR ITEMS OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICES, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE. OLBY'S AGGREGATE LIABILITY UNDER THESE TERMS SHALL BE LIMITED TO FEES ACTUALLY PAID BY YOU IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE IN THE SIX 6 MONTHS PRECEDING THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO YOUR CLAIM OR, IF NO FEES APPLY, ONE HUNDRED U.S. DOLLARS $100.00. THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION ALLOCATE THE RISKS UNDER THESE TERMS BETWEEN THE PARTIES, AND THE PARTIES HAVE RELIED ON THESE LIMITATIONS IN DETERMINING WHETHER TO ENTER INTO THESE TERMS.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
18. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
19. MANDATORY BINDING ARBITRATION
Other than for the grounds set forth in Section 18 (labeled “Exceptions to Agreement to Arbitrate”), in the event of any dispute, claim, question or disagreement arising from or relating to the Terms or the breach thereof or the access or use of the Services, the parties hereto shall use reasonable efforts to settle the dispute, claim, question, or disagreement. To this effect, the parties shall consult and negotiate with each other in good faith and, recognizing their mutual interests, attempt to reach a just and equitable solution satisfactory to both parties. If the parties do not reach such solution within a period of thirty 30 days, then, upon notice by either party to the other, such dispute, claim, question or disagreement shall be resolved by binding arbitration in the State of Delaware in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association (the “AAA”), subject to the limitations of this Section. This agreement to arbitrate will be specifically enforceable under the prevailing law of any court having jurisdiction. Notice of a demand for arbitration shall be filed in writing with the other party hereto and with the AAA. The demand for arbitration shall be made within a reasonable time after the dispute has arisen, and in no event shall any such demand be made after the date when institution of legal or equitable proceedings based on such dispute would be barred by the applicable statute of limitations. The parties agree that one 1 arbitrator shall arbitrate the dispute. The arbitrator shall be selected by the joint agreement of the parties, but if they do not so agree within twenty 20 days after the date of the notice of a demand for arbitration referred to above, the selection shall be made pursuant to the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the AAA from the panels of business arbitrators maintained by the AAA. The decision of the arbitrator shall be made in writing and shall be final. Judgment may be entered upon it in any court having jurisdiction thereof, and the decision shall not be subject to vacation, modification or appeal, except to the extent permitted by Sections 10 and 11 of the Federal Arbitration Act, the terms of which Sections the parties agree shall apply. The expenses of arbitration, including and the fees and expenses of the arbitrator and the AAA, shall be shared equally by the parties.
The arbitrator will have no authority to award attorneys' fees, punitive damages, or any other monetary relief not measured by the prevailing party's actual damages and each party irrevocably waives any claim thereto. The award may include equitable relief. The arbitrator will not make any ruling, finding, or award that does not otherwise conform to the Terms. The arbitrator may render a summary disposition relative to all or some of the issues, provided that the responding party has had an adequate opportunity to respond to any such application for such disposition.
The parties agree to treat all aspects of the arbitration as confidential, as provided in the AAA Rules. Before making any disclosure permitted by the Rules, a party shall give written notice to the other party and afford such party a reasonable opportunity to protect its interests. Further, judgment on the arbitrators' award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction.
ß You and we agree that we may bypass arbitration and go to court to resolve disputes relating to your or our intellectual property (e.g., trademarks, trade dress, domain names, trade secrets, copyrights or patents).
WITH RESPECT TO ALL PERSONS AND ENTITIES, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THEY HAVE OBTAINED OR USED THE SERVICES FOR PERSONAL, COMMERCIAL OR OTHER PURPOSES, ALL CLAIMS MUST BE BROUGHT IN THE PARTIES' INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS ACTION, COLLECTIVE ACTION, PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL ACTION OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THIS WAIVER APPLIES TO CLASS ARBITRATION, AND, UNLESS WE AGREE OTHERWISE, THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE MORE THAN ONE PERSON'S CLAIMS. YOU AGREE THAT, BY ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT, YOU AND SNOWCRASH ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION, COLLECTIVE ACTION, PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL ACTION, OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING OF ANY KIND.
20. Waiver and Severability
21. Entire Agreement
22. Your Comments and Concerns
If you have any other feedback, comments, requests for technical support or other communications relating to the Services (collectively, “Feedback”), please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Feedback is voluntary and Olby is not required to hold it in confidence. Olby may use Feedback for any purpose without obligation of any kind. To the extent a license is required under your intellectual property rights to make use of the Feedback, you hereby grant to Olby an irrevocable, non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free license to use the Feedback in connection with Olby's business, including the enhancement of the Services.